The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1396 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
07/12/07
Yikes, I sure hope this is fiction! You sure grabbed my interest! I was thinking the Coast Guard guy was a metaphor for Jesus, until he proposed...

My advice, if this is non-fiction, dump Alan, but don't rush into anything. Wow.

Would have liked a bit more context--the jump from college to the water was kind of abrupt. Very interesting story.
07/13/07
I'm confused, too! I like the way this story reads; suspenseful and entertaining, but I feel I missed a page or two somewhere. Here's my 2 cents about the proposals, Ms. Main Character: don't marry either one...:)
You certainly know how to keep a reader's attention. I was a little confused at the abrupt change, but it fit perfectly once I had read to the end. An interesting, engaging story. I have to agree with the others, though, only time will tell. The main character could be drowning again very soon if she rushes into anything!
Oh. my. goodness! I LOVE Alan, the rescuer. The other Alan was some guy you just thought you knew but really didn't so forget him. The real Alan could have dropped you from his hold pulling you up to safety but he held on tight. Whatta guy! SAY YES, SAY YES, SAY YES! If you don't want him, I'll take him! You can tell I got caught up in this story! Kudos for keeping my attention for so long, something that doesn't usually happen. Please write a sequel. I hafta know what happens to Alan (and to you!)
No choice here--Dump the manipulative sexist creature and tell the coast guard hero you need a courtship first. See, you made me really "feel" the characters, a great thing for an author to do.
07/17/07
Wow - intriguing! I got lost a bit in here, but the storytelling was definitely good. Keep writing!
Since I am a romance lover, I really liked this story. Great job!
07/17/07
This is good stuff, belongs in the puppy pen.
07/17/07
Loved this story! But must admit I was a bit confused at who, what, where and when the Coast Guard guy came into the picture. But Hey! You're in Dub's Puppy Pen - who could ask for anything more? We'll talk the details over in the Pen. Welcome aboard, friend! You're the pure bred, and I'm the mongrel-but we'll woof it up together, Okay! Kudos!
07/19/07
Confidence that comes too quickly is usually not confidence at all. Take your time. Find out if Alan is a joker or a genuine jerk. The Coast Guard guy sounded great until he poped the question five minutes after hauling you out of the water...perhaps he's desperate for a reason. Third choices aren't always bad. Now that I'm done pretending to be Dear Abby, I like your writing style write us another winner.
I am such a romantic that I can appreciate this story. And I would also wait for option number 3. I was a little confused with the story change. How did she get into the middle of the ocean? I had some questions, but I did enjoy your writing. Nice job.