The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1443 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
07/12/07
A really neat story that was right on target Topic-Wise. Nicely written, also. Good Job!
Sweet story. Beuty is definitely deeper than our skin. Nice job.
I really appreciated this one; it is an excellent reminder that character is much more beautiful than any physical appearances...
This is an excellent story with an excellent message very fitting to the topic.
07/13/07
My heart goes out to all the Beckys of the world...you've done a great job capturing her anguish, and you've resisted the temptation to have her and the cute pastor find true love in the space of 750 words.

I felt slightly uneasy that the pastor would talk to her about another churchgoer's shortcomings. Maybe a slight edit there?

Becky was just the sort of person that I'd love to hang out with. Nice job.
07/13/07
I thoroughly enjoyed reading this story! The points you make don't pound me over the head and I sympathize and empathize with your main character and her fears.
07/13/07
Great message - I think with a little work this would be great in a teen/young adult magazine.
I really enjoyed this story. It flowed and the message was nicely told.