The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 888 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
06/08/07
Nice ending. I think you've done a good job of putting yourself inside the mind of a child.
06/08/07
A very nice story, with a wonderful lesson. It brings me back to many childhood jealousies that ended in liking the girl after all. But it also brings back pain, as I could relate to the little girl who was shunned because she wasn't up to some other child's standards. It hurts. I am glad Lucy learned this valuable lesson.
06/08/07
A good lesson for children and written so they can relate and understand.
Nicely written. Good job. Having a little daughter I could relate to this. God bless your writing.Janice
06/09/07
What a wonderful message. Great job getting into the children's head. Your perspective is right on.
This is excellent. You have the perfect tone of the literature you were aiming for - the sentence structure, the characters, and the overall flow. Lucy learned her 'lesson' without driving that lesson home too hard, which is just right for the age that would read this.

This, to me, is a winner no matter what! Awesome job and good luck! :-)
You have captured the image of children and also the image of Gods love working in their life. Very wonderful!
06/11/07
This shows a gift for writing and relating to children! Wonderful!
What a great lesson story for children! Good job!
06/13/07
Great story with a wonderful message that girls would really enjoy reading!