The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1545 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
06/01/07
You had me in the palm of your hand through the entire story. First, your highly descriptive writing put me right in the middle of that jungle and on that dangerous mission. Then, you threw a curve right at the end. Terrific!

You have mastered the art of suspense! Great read. Thanks.
Children have a way of making adventure out of make believe. Good writing here. I was traveling throught the jungle with you.
I enjoyed Nick's adventure. Excellent storytelling & well written.
What a fun read and adventure. Captured the imagination of the little boy so very well!
06/02/07
This is great! I didn't suspect anything until the very end. Good insight into the imaginative mind of a child.
06/03/07
Very clever. Had me fooled right 'til his mother called. Good example of how a child's rich imagination never leaves a good writer. Satisfying.
06/04/07
Cool take on the adventure story. I really enjoyed the imagination and description.
06/04/07
Well done--I didn't see it coming!
06/04/07
I definitely did NOT see that coming - a wonderful adventure with great description and action. Marvelous!
This was fun to read and a great reminder that all adventures begin in your own back yard!
06/05/07
You got me! :) Great job!!! I was so taken in and then... that twist! Wow! Fantastic writing.
LOL! This is too fun! I love how it was an adventure within and adventure right in his own backyard. How fun. Good job. ^_^
This is one of my favorites. I love the boy and the story and the surprise!
06/06/07
Wonderful! I felt just as I did when I was a kid!
06/07/07
You got me! Wow! You did a great job of leading the reader on! Wow! What an adventure - I wish I had the same kind of imagination.
06/10/07
I was a judge this week. I just wanted you to know that this scored highly with me! Very adorable!