The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 3914 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
Wow... this was a beautiful story. You wrote it so well, I felt myself in the narrator's shoes standing beside my grandmother's bed. It's a poignent reminder that we really aren't guaranteed tomorrow and we need to make the best use of every moment. Thank you.
05/04/05
Having never known my grandparents, I find well written stories like this particularly encouraging. Count your blessings if you have/or had Godly grandparents who love you.
05/04/05
Oh this was so GOOD! It fed my soul.
Thank you for sharing. We need to value each day which is a precious gift from God.
05/05/05
My grandma's name is Eleanor too...makes me want to run right over and give her a great big hug. What a touching story. Thanks for sharing.
Love, Lynda
05/05/05
Very moving story. Great job putting it out there for us to share!
05/06/05
What a tribute to an elderly friend who probably was not in good health herself, but made sure she brightened her friend's last days. Many things to think about in your story! Thanks for sharing. Pat
So sweet! I could just see Mable and Eleanor and the little teddy bear with the parasol. A wonderful story well-told.
05/09/05
Dixie, Congratulations once again on another great win in the Writing Challenge. You are definitely starting to be a regular name popping up in the Winners' List. Well done. 2nd place in the Level 3 Challenge, and 5th place in the Editors' Choice. Again, congratulations. With love, Deb (Challenge Coordinator)
05/09/05
Congratulations, Dixie. Beautiful story! I really enjoy your writing.
05/09/05
Dixie,
A very well-written story! Congratulations on your win. :)
Jo
Dixie,
Another great read from you and well-deserved win! For me, a tear-jerker, as I wrestle with end-of-life issues on several fronts. What a joy to have that assurance that Grandma is spending every Christmas with Jesus! Keep your stories coming -- they are a delight!
Dixie, Thank you for such a heart warming, well written story. So happy to know that you will continute to write and I can continue reading. God Bless!!