The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1381 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
05/04/07
I've had a baby in ICU...I've done the careful holding, watchful of the tubes and wires...you have captured my feelings exactly as I remember them. Very well done!
05/06/07
Your story brought back so many memories! My grandson spent the first 3 months of his life in UCLA's ICU, had seven surgeries during that time, and wore tubes everywhere one could be inserted - including the awful IV in the top of his little head. I felt your pain vividly. Excellent visualization, nicely written.
05/08/07
Beautiful!!
Heartfelt story. I could feel your mixed emotions. That's good.
05/08/07
How very tender! Lovingly and beautifully written.
I had a little one in ICU too, and you have done a beautiful job of capturing the anguish of the mother's heart. Nicely done. Cheri
What a tender story and written from a heart of love. I'm so glad I got to read it. Very nice job.
05/09/07
This is so vivid and real. You stirred my heart. Your last line is perfect.
05/15/07
Beautiful. You really bring the reader into the story to experience the setting and the emotions.
~SisJ
05/29/07
Good telling of a real life situation. I could identify precisely with the hospital environment, long waiting, fatigue, etc. I like how you gave insight to the MC's feelings of well-intentioned comments from visitors. Good job!
This is well-written and very touching, even more so because I know of a baby named Faith who had a heart defect. She lived a hero for three months.