The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1734 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
04/20/07
Love the title, like the overall rant - I struggled getting into it in the beginning, but the frog voice bit had me rolling. For me, the theme and tone didn't get me until then, and then I was just laughing good. Pretty brave endeavor with this piece.
04/20/07
This was great and the theme of my winter! The ending was my favorite. Good job!
Humor I think we can all relate to. I saw one comma where I would have used a semi-colon, but this is down-to-earth, from the heart, and I loved it. My fave was the part about singing along to the radio. :) The last line is great!
04/21/07
Hilarious - I could feel your pain! Great work.
I liked your idea of pressing the "well button." Your exaggerations of losing the voice are great.
Something I can definitely relate to! I enjoyed the one-sided conversation. It worked well for this creative piece. Way to go!
04/24/07
Great tone. Amusing read. Your POV character vents most convincingly, one would almost think you wrote from expereince... Yeggy
LOL! Very creative with this piece...you have quite the imagination. I love the last line best of all though, it fits just right! ^_^
04/25/07
I was laughing out loud and getting strange looks from my grandmother. She doesn't get it.

Great Job!
04/25/07
Wonderful title, great voice, I loved everything about this.
04/25/07
Ah....being sick is no fun, but you made it funny. Ribbit ribbit.
Loved it...related to it. It sounded like one of those conversations I have in my head. Bravo to you for writing it down. Great ending!
Hahaha! I've been more or less sick for about seven years, so I hear ya there, brother.