The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1544 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
02/23/07
I really enjoyed reading this!
The vivid descriptions brought everything to life--I especially enjoyed the buttons popping off the narrator's pants and the pools of sweat on the floor. Felt as though I were right there! Great message as well--and the title also drew me in.
02/25/07
Loved the title. It fit your story perfectly. “…sweat formed puddles under my feet. I felt like a duck out of water." This was an excellent devotion! I especially liked your message in the second to last paragraph. And, the last line was cute. I liked this a lot.
This is great: "My opponent was real. He had a name and a purpose. I would take him seriously, blocking his every move"
I bet a lot of us can relate to needing a change of attitude. Well done.
02/25/07
Been there, done that (kickboxing), got the t-shirt, but, being a peacemaker myself, I wish I'd had your attitude adjustment. I'm going to send this story to my neice who was the fitness instructor who got me roped into this class! She's a strong Christian: she could use it to motivate others! I was happy to see a refreshing sprinkling of humor throughout! Thanks for sharing your fresh insight!
02/26/07
Amusing and fun to read--thanks for being candid! You have a fun writer's voice.
02/26/07
I enjoyed your voice, and the great message. It was worked into your story seemingly effortlessly. Much to think about!
02/26/07
I really enjoyed this. Great lesson worked well into the story. Refreshing to read about a different sport also.
02/26/07
O' how I loved this. Now which lesson should I focus on. There were so many and at nearly 50 I have those sweat pants too.

I loved the line: "After all, I had no plans to hang out in dark alleys any time soon."

Too clever! Yet like you said the enemy has a few dark places he likes to take us if he can. Attitudes and such can be as destructive as a dark alley. Great job!
Great job! I loved the personification "Long forgotten muscles screamed their resisitance"; the words packed a dummy punch".
I was surprised and pleased to see the message so nicely woven into the story.
Smoothly written. I moved right along with the writer. Felt every pain and emotion. Good job.
02/28/07
My goodness. After the kick-boxing classes and your attitude adjustment of thinking of your enemy, I don't think I'd want to meet up with you in a dark alley! ;) Great job. While kick-boxing sounds kind of fun, I don't think I have the flexibility to do it! lol