The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1757 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
02/19/07
Excellent work here. I love the first line paralleling the trees to his hands but the entire work is excellent.
02/19/07
How well you have crafted your story. This is a vivid account of an unbeliever bent on crucifying the Righteous One. Face to face with Him the cross-maker is transformed by what he sees in His eyes - divine love.
Well written piece. How true this might have been.
02/21/07
Excellent use of the topic! Excellent writing! What can I say? You write extremely well and I wish I had your talent:)
02/21/07
Well-written and powerful. Should be done as a reading in a Good Friday service.
02/21/07
Exceptional - your detail is so rich and moving.
02/21/07
Amazing. How clever - never would have thought of something like this. Great job.
02/22/07
Oooh! I was so glad he looked back seeking forgiveness! So good!
Beautiful! So bittersweet.
02/23/07
Sharlyn, I had never made the connection, before reading this, that TWO carpenters would have been involved in the crucifixion: the One on the cross, and the one who fashioned it! Gives me chills to ponder the idea.
I also want to thank you for your comment on my "Sidetracks" story. I was delighted that you made sense of everything with the title's clue!
05/01/07
A well done perspective. I liked this line "claims to be seeing to his father’s business. His father was only a carpenter, no better or worse than mine.”
" Nicely done :)