The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1504 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
02/03/07
Thanks for inviting us to take a peek at this charming family moment.
I wish all parents recognized the joys of reading to their children. Your story brought back fond memories. Thanks for making me smile.
02/06/07
I also find it amazing as how quickly the time passes when I'm reading. I can't wait until I have a family and can read to my own children. I only hope they enjoy it as much as your children. :)
02/06/07
A sweet look into a special family time. I can understand this overworked mom's POV and loved the image of being whisked away to another world with the book. Thanks for sharing this
02/06/07
You’ve painted a very charming picture of a perfectly delightful evening at home with your children: “In this remote village of Africa.” And “…towering coconut and mango trees.” Assuming this is true, you have captured a snapshot in writing this story that your children will have as a keepsake for years to come. When my children were little I used to try to carve out a little time for myself every day. Sometimes it was only reading a chapter out of a book, but I believe it’s important for moms to make the time. I’m glad you were able to do the same.
02/07/07
You captured the moment and the feelings! (No tv really can be a big blessing!) Good job!
02/07/07
I remember those feelings of being 'Whisked Away' into another time and another place. I loved the discriptions!
02/07/07
I felt like I was on the porch of the house watching it unfold. Realistic moment, great family experience. Very nice work!
02/07/07
Family reading time -nothing much better! Glad mom got time to read her own book, too :)
02/08/07
Now that my children are grown, I read aloud to my husband! These are such special times, and you depicted their richness so beautifully with your lovely family story! Thank you!