The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1036 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
02/01/07
I loved reading this story--it got me laughing! Great job with specific hilarious situations--my favorite was that of the narrator carrying laundry into the college visitors' lounge and her dialogue about the sun's position. I could identify with those! Enjoyed descriptions of the husband's behavior too and was drawn in by the title--I knew it would be funny by the exclamation point after "Husbands."
This was a great read. I liked the use of repetition for a purpose. It suited.
02/02/07
I enjoyed this. (& you're not the only one who's somewhat directionally challenged. Maybe try one of those GPS things for your car. I heard it's great.)
02/03/07
Very clever, written in a fun and casual style.
02/03/07
This was really cute and very creative with the topic. These were my favorite lines: “… if I come upon a “closed road—use alternate route” sign when I am out driving, I go back home. When I read a map, I have to turn it in the same direction of the car or I get confused.” Thanks for a good laugh. And, you’re so right—“What is it with husbands?”
02/03/07
I can read this writer like a book. She knows men! Won't ask directions, won't read directions, think they know...but don't. Loved the tone, the wit and the smugness of what make husbands tick. Neat entry! and, an enjoyable read.