The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1400 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
02/02/07
Perfect!
02/03/07
I've never thought to write something like this. Very clever.
02/03/07
Creative with a capital "C"! Very neat take on the topic, and done in such a poetic way. Enjoyed this entry, and Kudos fir the writer!
02/06/07
Oh, this was so good. There were a few places where the meter could be polished just a bit, but nothing I couldn't figure out after a slight pause in my reading. I love the last stanza.
02/06/07
Very, very good! You did a great job capturing the essence of this letter. One suggestion would be to consider revising so that you don’t use the word “eye” three stanzas in a row. This was both a creative and an original perspective on the topic. And the ending was a powerful way to conclude this piece. Well done!
02/06/07
Great idea. I enjoy your work! I'd love to see your poetry come alive with more vivid pictures. Still, you tell a great story in rhyme. Well done!
02/07/07
You made me feel what it must have been like for Philemon. Nice!!
Oh, what a wonderful idea for this topic! And so delightfully done! I enjoyed this very much!
02/07/07
Wonderful!
well done, I loved it. You may want to check for clerical errors, however, one sentence has the word "the" and then it has "them". It took me a second read to realize that you rewrote them. Otherwise, great!
02/07/07
That last stanza especially was gripping, but enjoyed the entire read. Well done!
02/07/07
Terrific! You did such a great job that I knew the speaker was Onesimus after only a couple stanzas! I think the poem flowed very well in telling this lovely story!
02/08/07
Wow! What an awesome account in poem. You did a great job and I loved the creativity of this piece. Kudos to ya!
02/08/07
CONGRATULATIONS on your "Highly Commended"! You deserve it! :)
This is great, the way you told this story through a poem. I just read a commentary on Omniseus the other day, this is wonderful!
Congrats to you!