The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1367 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
01/12/07
That last line made me burst out laughing!

If it were up to me, I'd say eat it, but you're really in a quandary.

Funny, funny story.
01/12/07
What a neat idea, letting your readers select the ending! Since this gander is your husband's pet, I suppose he gets to decide (like, leaving him behind for the next owners rather than kill him?). Besides, goose-meat is so full of tallow-like fat, I have no appetite for it, myself.

You could look at it this way: this gander is as good as a watch dog, protecting his geese (and their eggs for your breakfast?) and chasing off any unwanted trespassers. The new owners could appreciate that :)
01/12/07
Hmmmm? I'm thinking. Don't know much about geese. Thought they had wings, but evidently this one does not fly - as you mention leaving the gate open. I think I'd leave the gate open every day until the inevitable happens...like a semi truck barreling down your road ahem....ps: Nice job and interesting, plus enjoyable take on topic. Good Luck!!
I had fun reading this, and enjoyed your humor! The title and ending are superb!
01/22/07
Thanks for sharing your dilemna with us. A very enjoyable read. It is one of those reads that ends before you would like it to. I think the carelessly opened gate is the way to go. But the neighbours are probably scared too.