The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1855 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
11/03/06
Phew, not sure I could be a kindergarten teacher – even with the prospect of wormy cakes! What a delightful assortment of children.
11/05/06
Ditto the above comment. I had to take a nap after reading your day. Smile! Very nice entry. Enjoyed the read.
11/07/06
Wow! I have a friend who is a first grade teacher. This sounds exactly like her day. No wonder she's so tired when it's time to go home at night. You have captured the heart and soul of a teacher admirably. Yes, I am exhausted! My friend calls her children "my little chickies." They are always on her mind, just like the teacher's. The only criticism I have is that the teacher's name is intimidating. I'd like to see it unique, perhaps, but not quite as distracting from the story. Perhaps that's personal taste, however. Your story is a treasure!
11/07/06
Heartwarming and enjoyable. The rewards of teaching sure are glamourous aren't they? I enjoyed reading this. Thanks for sharing it.
11/08/06
This story was a delight to read! I loved the humor and the colorful diversity of the individual children described. Am curious as to how two people could mistake the teacher for a kid--especially one in kindergarten!
11/08/06
So delightful and realistic - and a real heart-warmer!! I enjoyed this thoroughly!
I loved this...so true to life & masterfully written!