The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1724 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
10/29/06
I liked your comparison to the footnotes. Good thought.
10/29/06
I aim to be very good and not get drawn into theological debate!

What struck me was the importance of ensuring that people have access to the Word of God and through this to the transforming power of the Gospel. Many missionaries even today are dedicating their lives to ensuring that people can read the Bible in their own tribal language. Such endeavour might not sound as glamorous as preaching to vast crowds but it may well have longer lasting consequences in the lives of men and women.
10/31/06
Wow! I had to read this Bible verse several time, along with your comments, before the meaning finally sank in. Thanks for sharing this. It will help if we all prayed that God would reveal truth to us as we read our Bibles.
11/01/06
Nice story. Great Word. This entry ministers the Word and blessed me this morning while I read it. Thank you very much. God bless.
11/02/06
How interesting! Thank you for sharing what a "retired" missionary taught you. It doesn't sound like he was retired at all! I loved your last sentence. AMEN! :-)
11/02/06
Nice job and a wonderful Bible Study, or as a morning or evening devotional. I've had to read that verse over and over to get the full meaning and impact...and your "footnotes" have helped. Thanks friend!
Great idea, Edy! This could be under this week's theme (teacher). You've surely taught us all something that many of us (me included)had not thought of.

Thanks, friend.