The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1078 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
10/26/06
Oh wow. I don't tear up easily with short stories. But this one did it. You touched the emotions - love, fear, commitment, sorrow, surrender ... terrific job!
10/27/06
I'll have to echo Donna here - this is wonderful writing that touches the heart. Great job.
10/28/06
Wow! What a powerful story! It was an attention grabber from start to finish. Congratulations on a great entry!
10/28/06
This is an exquisitely beautiful piece of writing. So many, many gorgeous phrases...one of the best that I've read in a long time.
10/28/06
Too realistic . . wow, well done, gripping. Flows well, and has a feel of grief and happiness.
10/29/06
This story would make a great novel. I'd like to read much, much more. Perhaps have Chelsea taken hostage and follow her through the day she breaks free from her abductors. Excellent writing!
10/30/06
Oh WOW ... such a powerful story. Very well done, very well thought out -- a story that captures the reader from the beginning. Excellent. :)
10/31/06
This made me sad. It reminds me of what missionaries face daily. Great job.
11/02/06
I LOVED your ending - and everything else in this story! So gripping and real and vivid. Congratulations!
11/02/06
The progression in this story was excellent but my favourite part was the freeze-frame when the mother heard the news. The transition from quiet intimacy to awful shock was vivid. Very well done.