The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1452 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
10/12/06
A short anecdote to begin your message would be a lure for your readers...to hook them and bring them in to read the thoughts you have to offer them. Just a suggestion. Thanks for sharing.
10/13/06
I like the image comparing Jesus to the fire-fighter, rescuing the child in danger. I agree with Marilyn that you might want to begin this sweet devotional with a brief (touching?) anecdote, to better grab your reader.
10/13/06
I thought this was really lovely. It shines with praise for the Lord. Your entry is a reminder for all of us that we are not alone in difficult times.

My favorite lines:
His tender mercies are there for all of us. All we have to do is ask.

Wise words in a nice little devotinal. I tend to agree that sharing an anecdote might have helped to draw readers in. I did like this, though. Thank you for sharing it.
10/16/06
"I am the child..." That image alone was enough to bring a lump to my throat. Very nice.
10/16/06
Just ADORE the final paragraph - definitely a keeper! Nice job!
10/17/06
Some powerful images here - thanks for sharing it!
10/17/06
The first sentence made me pause and say "amen." This is very well written. A tight message worthy of recognition.
10/18/06
Very nicely done and it's always good to be reminded of the way the Lord cares for us.
This would make an awesome devotional! Great job!
10/18/06
Everyone has already said it, but the hook would have helped. Maybe if your original inspirational idea couldn't be used, you could make up your own in a similar vein? I love the feel of those two words: tender mercies. It sounds so gentle.
10/19/06
Well done!
10/19/06
Lovely devotional. Your words are calming in this piece. Well done.
10/20/06
Right fromthe heart! A difficult place to write from but you did it anyway! Thanks for sharing such important insights.