The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1314 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
09/09/06
Wow! First, there's a little "be" missing (I'm sure you've seen it be now), and aside from the fact that one never goes UP to a river, but always DOWN to the river, (which continued to bother me a bit) I enjoyed the trek. But in the end, you've left your Reader hanging, dangling, wondering. But all in all very well written. A real cliff hanger that demands the reader to go on; which is a sign of a masterful writer. God Bless.
09/11/06
Though I enjoyed reading this, I was a little confused by his final revelation. What was his new found purpose? To die? Your description of the feeling of lostness after the loss of a soul-mate was very touching.
09/12/06
Though intrigued, I guess I was a little confused too. But I wonder if the emphasis was that he really was "misguided," in his way of thinking...that his chosen path was not the one it should have been?
Descriptions of emotions are sometimes hard to draw, but you did a good job of pulling me into his feelings. :)
09/15/06
Steve, this writing gives such insight into a broken-hearted soul, so desperate to find what he has lost he would willingly die trying. I am certain this resonates with the masses of humanity, left with only that one hope to keep them going. Powerful writing, once again, friend!