The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1679 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
09/01/06
I love the last sentence! It really tied the piece together well. I especially liked the way different sounds characterized different times in their lives. (The dog tags, the bottles, the money, etc.) I think this piece has a lesson for all of us. Thanks!
09/03/06
Another well-done dog story. Seems to be a theme this week. This is nice - I was happy that Panda survived the pool incident. Attention holding, and well done. Reads well.
09/03/06
Loved the "chink chinks" and the "clink-clinks"...very well done; and as an animal lover (preferential to dogs) I admit shedding a tear or two at Panda's demise. Faithful friends they are...and no two are ever alike. Loved your story and nicely done.
I love all of the sounds! I had never really thought of how sounds like that represent different times in our lives. Thanks for sharing!
09/06/06
A well-constructed piece. I loved this twist on the topic. Thanks for sharing it
09/06/06
Love all the little "vignettes" of the lives of Panda and his owners. The end was just wonderful. This definitely made me smile! Wonderful!
09/07/06
Well written, the melody of life punctuated by the percussion of the Chink Chink.
I really enjoyed reading this. It was well written and the chinks and clinks, etc were quite effective. My only complaint would be that I thought the dog was ok as Panda was up and walking. Then the very next line, you've killed her off! hehe Still, a great job.
09/07/06
I admired how you showed the different seasons in our lives. Our pups travel through childhood beside our children. They seem to stand still while our lives go on. Beautiful piece dear friend. You described it perfectly!