The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1854 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
07/21/06
A very apt description of the characteristics of our souls. Work a bit on meter, perhaps, but a charming poem.
07/22/06
Liked the opening. Never thot of my soul being behind my knee! Nice poem.
07/22/06
I don't know enough about poetry to comment on your mechanics. But your entry ministered your point. And that is a success. God Bless.
07/22/06
I'll have to take your word for it - that "my soul is hidden in my elbow and beneath my knee" - unique way of portraying a soul, but I liked it. Poem flowed nicely and kept the reader's interest. Nice job.
07/23/06
It seems to me that you lost your flow with the last two verses. Nevertheless I particularly liked the verse about the truth I speak, the character I show. How easily the faith can be confused with the peripheral when it is that which is within that truly counts.
I'm dipping into the archives a bit. :) This is such a charming poem! I love the simplicity of voice and the unique take on 'soul' here. Welcome to the challenge! I'm looking forward to reading more of yours.
Very good poem on the soul. You always make it so easy to read.