The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1780 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
This is a great reminder that we write, first and foremost, to bring honor and glory to God's name.
07/20/06
You made me cry! I needed this message today. And besides that, this is great writing. Thanks.
07/20/06
Well, I have to applaud this one! There are too many parts I love so I'll just say I love the wit weaved into the depth of feelings.

I REALLY enjoyed reading this entry and being reminded of the goal of my heart as I write. (I don't feel so alone now!) :)

Love your descriptive writing!

07/21/06
Honestly. Didn't like the writing as much as the message. The writing was a bit disconnected, I thot, but...the message made up for it. Forgive me Lord for performing for anyone else but you.
07/22/06
You really know how to turn a phrase and to touch a writer's heart - and soul. Thanks for the encouragement to write for the right reason.
07/22/06
Great story and I too needed the encouragement. Your story contains my favorite line i've read so far this week. "His shoulders crumpled like the pages of a rejected article."
Nice job! I'm impressed. God Bless your writing.
07/23/06
Absolutely loved the way you ended this...excellent last line! Great job.
07/23/06
What happened to Soul? Nice article about accomplishment, work, reading, etc., but I was hunting and searching for the soul of it all; perhaps another re-read and I'll find it. Nice job, however...just no soul.
07/23/06
I so love a piece of writing that leaves me feeling uncomfortable. Even though I am not a writer by profession, I preach regularly and an affirming word is always welcome – perhaps too much so.

However I agree that the piece was a little disconnected and could have done with a few extraneous sentences being pruned. For example I would cut out the very first paragraph and start simply with “I turned the final page of Chicken Soup for the Writer’s Soul”
06/06/10
The tears are streaming! You inspire me!