The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 2042 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
What an intriguing approach to the topic! Well said! I love the meter you've used...how it slows the rate of reading down to fit the mood so beautifully. Love it all...especially this line, "Searching for the character/That makes our loss His gain". Great!
05/11/06
Very well done, the prosody worked and made the poem flow. Thanks.
This is packed with truth. Great poem.
05/13/06
Another very straight forward and simple poem that is packed full-o truths. Well done!
05/13/06
Nicely done .. .strong word choices and the meter was right on. This really "felt" good which says a bundle! Great job!
05/13/06
Excellent poem. I understand the message, but am sorry hope got a "bad rap". Well done.
Love, love, LOVE the first stanza. A great start to a great poem. There were parts I had to re-read to get the rhythm set in my head, but otherwise this was a great poem! Well done, Al!
I love the story behind this poem, Al. Beautiful work that points us to our one sure hope.
The first and second paragraphs are my fav. Well done!!
05/17/06
So glad you followed the Lord's prompting and slid under the wire at the last minute with this terrific offering. Very nicely done!
Great title - and punch at the end.