The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 2574 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
05/04/06
Aww...so sad...but so beautiful at the same time! Well done, I liked it very much.
05/05/06
You did a fantasitc job of making Katharine's voice authentic in each stage of her life. A very tender story of sacrificial love, and very well-written.
I'm still crying over this one. As a mother of three daughters and two sons I shall remember your touching story for the rest of my days.
05/08/06
The quote in bold at the end was a great way to conclude. (Some might say that the reader should come to that conclusion for themselves, but I liked it.)

Very touching.
05/08/06
Wow. Well written, well-done, and wonderful.
A beautiful entry. The beginning was a little weak, although sweet. The middle and end sucked me right in. You made me cry, but I'm glad I read this! Thanks.
A beautiful entry. The beginning was a little weak, although sweet. The middle and end sucked me right in. You made me cry, but I'm glad I read this! Thanks.
05/09/06
I love the way this was done! A wonderful entry as always. Jo
05/09/06
A big sigh ... beautiful. Yes, you've captured the heart of a true mother. There would be no hesitiating - no qualms - you've made us think. I loved the surprise twist emphasizing the sacrifice. Excellent writing!
Lynda this was wonderful. Your characters were so real and I loved the scene you painted of the two of them sitting there in the grass at the graveside. Perfect.

I did notice a small typo in the sentence "and Dad is a very lucky man."
05/09/06
The quality of the writing is a given... outstanding as always. You really hit a homerun in the emotions department and your characters are superb. What else can I say? Excellent work!
Very well done, well written and touching.
Breath-taking. Awesome. Beautiful potrayal of a child who becomes such a selfless woman. Thank your for such a moving piece.
05/10/06
Wonderful entry. A moving portrait of the love between a mother and daughter. Well done!
05/10/06
I can hardly breath. Oh my goodness. Just, just wow.
05/12/06
Wow, this is absolutely incredible. Congratulations!
I just finished reading this again and have to say it's a masterpiece. Tears. Oh the tears. My one critism is to take out the last line. It felt like you were trying to "shove" the topic, instead of allowing the reader to find it for themselves.But such an incredible piece.
10/12/06
How dare you make me cry first thing in the morning!

What a great piece of writing. You are so gifted, Lynda. You just keep getting better all the time. Just like your characters.(: