The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 2016 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
Ooooo, great story! I like the conversational style.
04/27/06
LIked the take on the topic. good story, slight POV shift just before the end threw me slightly, loved the last line.
04/29/06
Great concept ... infusing the word like a spiritual IV. Love it. I think that the piece could have been polished a bit more. Maybe cut it down to one scene and a flashback... something like that. It seems to be a rewrite away from scoring. But that doesn't discount the well done emotional content. You hit that square on... and who can argue with a happy ending!?! Good work!
04/29/06
I think this is neat with real emotion! Great emotion! Good work!
04/29/06
A good story well told.
04/29/06
You've used some great imagery, such as "1978 was still in its infancy, barely past its celebratory confetti stage...". Well done.
05/01/06
I think this is my favorite on this level. It just really touched me.
05/02/06
Great story. You are definitely a master story teller!
05/03/06
Winning story! liked it alot :)
05/03/06
Can we all relate to the uncoperative green light?! So frustrating! That's how I felt - so good job!

I enjoyed the flow of the memories into the present of a story well told. And I loved the DVD idea. That's fantastic!

The hugging was the best part! :)
05/04/06
Congratulations to one of my favorite faithwriters! Your story is a great vehicle for the message that God's Word brings healing! Readers might want to check www.tlsm.org (the Living Savior Ministries website) for more evidence of this powerful truth. Thank you, Linda. This is a keepsake!