The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1858 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
11/22/05
Touching tribute and wishes, a couple of minor writing problems. Thanks for sharing.
11/22/05
A good lesson. Thanks for the loving tribute and for sharing. God bless ya, littlelight
"The two lovebirds smile in blessed innocence". How true! I would also love to hear 'your' story. Well done.
11/24/05
How cute!
Adorable!
Ah, the fuzzy love stories.
You brought us into the picture quick enough for some enjoyment before being thrown out again.
But I don't care that it isn't long.
It's still awesome!
How sweet! I enjoyed this!
11/25/05
A wonderful lesson -my Grandparents had 66 years together before Grandpa went home. He wisely said that too many people just stop trying and forgot about God in their lives/marriages.
The pastor offered wisdom to the young couple that many could use before entering into marriage. I liked the way you told the story, but I would have liked to have seen what relationship you and your husband were to Holly and Scott and would love to hear your story. Will that be a future story? Hope so! Good job!
11/26/05
What a touching story. All the winters we go through in marriage lead to a beautiful spring of blessings!
11/26/05
First, let me say I thoroughly enjoyed this story! Never missed a beat - kept me entranced until the end. Excellent writing and I like the pastor's idea; baut I kept thinking he was going to continue asking couples to stand that had been together 40, 30, 20, etc; and they would dwindle; that would have been devestating! (knowing the divorce rate). A Great Read!
11/27/05
Very sweet! A few minor edits for tense, and word choice in the first paragraph, and I'd recommend this for couples counseling for any pastor. Having a recently married daughter, this one really touched me.
12/05/05
Very touching and kept me engaged the whole time. As one half of a couple who have faced very difficult times I marvel at the optimism at weddings and how soon, for many, that turns to disappointment and divorce. Great idea to do this at weddings.
Yeggy