The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1091 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
08/29/13
Very interesting version of Peter's story. I like your take on the topic.

Nicely done. Thanks.
08/29/13
Wow - loved it! Especially the last line. Great account,I thought it was a clever take on Peter.

God bless~
08/29/13
You paint such beautiful imagery in the mind of the reader. This is beautiful.
09/01/13
I love this! I didn't recognize Peter until I came to the denial. I always relate to his character, though. You finished this out very well to the topic. Great entry.
09/05/13
Wonderful take on Peter! Congratulations on your placement, David. God bless!
09/05/13
Congratulations! God Bless~
09/05/13
Very powerful imagery. I actually thought this was a self disclosure and was 'Oh wowing' through the murder part until I realized it was Peter's story, not your own. Which made me wonder why the difference? It's still true and much more significant.
Congratulations on your well deserved first place win!
09/05/13
Congratulations Dave on your win! This story was amazing and so deserving of first place! Great depiction of Peter’s story.
09/05/13
Congratulations on 1st place. Wonderful telling of the story.
09/05/13
At first, I thought this was a personal testimony--until the denial of Peter was woven into the fabric of your story. Great retelling of this familiar Bible story and how it can apply today to our own lives. Congratulations on placing first on the EC list with this deserving piece.
09/06/13
Congratulations, Dave! Because I identify SO much with Peter, "As they murdered him, I died inside," was my "Peter" clue.:-) I loved your phrases like "leading me into winter." Great writing!

A winner for sure!
09/06/13
Congratulations! This was such a poetic and unique way to tell Peter's story.
09/06/13
I'm glad you won so this was brought to my attention. It felt so fresh and personal that I was surprised when I realized it was Peter. So well written and very worthy of the win. Congratulations!
09/06/13
A wonderful retelling of the story. Congratulations on your well deserved win.
09/09/13
Congratulations on this fine piece of writing and its first place win which is well-deserved. I like the tree imagery - exposed and then with tender shoots forming as spring impacts. Well done!