The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1262 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
I delighted in your sense of humor. You had me smiling from the first line right until the very end.

I did notice this sentence structure seemed a tad off: And I was as ready as possible with sweat stains on my white shirt and melting dress shoes.
It sounds like sweat stains are on your melting shoes, but I think you meant you were melting in your shoes.

I thought this was a great take on the topic. Sometimes that voice can sound like a petulant child. You did a great job on this one.
05/31/13
Hahahahahahaha...I loved it! The last line was priceless. I remember my grandfather always singing that song when he told the grandchildren (me, one of nine) about not wanting to be late for his wedding.

Loved it! Great job, brilliant.

God bless~
06/01/13
Great entry! I loved the humor and could feel the frustration. Good job.
06/01/13
I enjoyed your humorous story. I liked the GPS with "attitude". They do seem almost human at times. Well done.
And I'd wondered if my old GPS would get tired of whining "recalculating." I don't miss her. I enjoyed the humor in your story.
06/06/13
Loved this! Congrats on a well deserved EC!

God bless~