The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1528 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
05/24/13
Fascinating story, such an interesting piece, I was fascinated by it, especially the inference to Monet at the closing note. One of my favorite impressionists.

Thank you for this informative and intense piece.

God bless~
05/29/13
I've never been to Paris, but you captured the "aire d'essance" of watching the morning dawn over the cathedral. Thank you for this beautiful bit of history.
05/30/13
Congratulations, Karen, on this wonderful entry. Good job! God bless!
05/31/13
I have studied his paintings many times and never thought about the sounds as he painted the scene. You did a beautiful job describing what could have been. Congratulations!
Wonderful example of poetic prose. Karen brings a piece of historical setting to life like no one else. One of her best. Stan
06/20/13
Wow! You've brought this to life with vivid artistic descriptions. You've given me a desire to view these paintings. Your story is excellent! Simply wow!
This is majestic and absolutely beautiful. It lifted my heart, right back all those years, and I almost felt I was there. Such wonderful descriptive writing. It sent me scurrying straight to Google to look at some of those amazing paintings by Monet. Thank you for the wonder and beauty of this piece.