The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1163 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
05/11/13
This is a great anecdote told really well and your comments about the types of people who one would or would not like to keep listening to ring true. I enjoyed it very much1!
05/11/13
Excellent job with this true account that will touch base with all those who read it. I especially loved how you tied it into a scripture that is so well-know.

My favorite line, which will stay with me for some time to come, if not always is this: "...that are clearly marked Pull, with the deep conviction that the whole world will collapse unless everyone else hears every dreary detail of how important they are..." Classic!!

Well done.

God bless~
05/11/13
Thanks for the wonderful story and even more for the belly laugh. Always love reading your entries! Very well done.

BLessings, Lynn
Loved the opening line - short and powerful. The story drew me in and you did a great job building suspense. Thanks for reminding us there are great stories everywhere if we take the time to listen.
You have humbled those of us who may be enamored of our golden prosaic prose, dripping from our . . . enough. I am still tickled by this. The last line was perfect.
I loved the part where you wrote "endured the trauma of a deep-seated dread of heights". I'm still grinning about that one.
What fun. I love the part about those who feel their prose must be heard in every detail. (And then there are those who try to repeat: "Have I ever told you about ....?" Oh, my, yes, several times.) Took me a few seconds to get the hair fear, but when I did, laughed out loud.
05/14/13
Oh, the image of a poor leper, who most likely had lost other body parts and now losing his face. :) Your conversations with this man must have been enthralling. You are a master story-teller! I completely enjoyed this.
05/15/13
It took me a second but when I got the leper- face fell off connection, I grinned ear to ear. Well written all the way to the punch line.
Congratulations on ranking 29 overall!