The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1267 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
03/14/13
Powerful and meaningful entry, with great imagery which brought this to life.

God bless~
03/17/13
This is my favourite story in the Bible. My heart is always warmed when I read it and I like the way you gave it a new life, even though the message is the same. No matter how sad we are, Jesus can bring us joy when he enters and touches our heart. Thanks for this rendition of the Emmaus story.
03/18/13
This is one of my favorite parts of the bible. You wrote and told it beautifully. Thank you so much for writing this, it just brought such a peaceful feeling to me heart. God Bless, Lynn
03/18/13
This is one of my favorite parts of the bible. You wrote and told it beautifully. Thank you so much for writing this, it just brought such a peaceful feeling to me heart. God Bless, Lynn
I loved your retelling of this Bible story. I had a feeling where the story was going from the start, and was happy to be proven right. Nicely done!
03/18/13
Powerfully written. Just in time for the Easter celebration.
An appropriate title for the dawning of their clarity was certainly of epic proportions. More importantly, this whole story was such a lovely tribute to our Lord Jesus... I have always loved this story from scripture because it reminds us all that before we can experience a "resurrection" in our lives there will always be a dying... This was so beautifully told that I was reading it through my tears. The word of God just rang in my heart as I read this. Thank you so much for touching my heart.
Thank you for taking me along on this momentous and joyous walk . . .
03/19/13
You have retold this Bible story very well. It is engaging and true to the Bible facts. Well done!
I think you did a marvelous job of retelling this familiar Bible story. You brought the characters to life for me and I felt like I was right there with them watching it as it unfolded. Great job.
You put us there on the road to listen in on such engaging conversation, and to rejoice in prophecy fulfilled. Well done.
03/21/13
A well written retelling of the biblical event. An enjoyable read.
Congratulations on your EC!
03/21/13
Congratulations on your well deserved win! You go girl!
03/21/13
Well crafted retelling of this Bible story. I'm a bit slow with innuendo so I didn't get your subtle meaning until the second read through (with a hint from your title) and then it was ah ha...Perfect!
well done and congratulations.
As you could tell from my original comments I hope, this was one of my favorite entries. Congratulations on your second place level win in Advances and a 6th placing over all for a lovely EC. Way to go. I just think this is the most awesome story!
03/22/13
This piece is faithful to scripture yet creatively written. It prompted me to meditate a bit on what that experience must have been like. Thank you! How precious it is to feel close to Jesus.
03/24/13
Congratulations on your 6th place EC award!