The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 797 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
01/17/13
I really enjoyed this article! Reminded me of my sister's dog, who stared at her on the treadmill, brought her his leash in his mouth, and tilted his head as if to say, "Where's the room for me on here?" Nicely done and I agree...it's not a walk, even if it is good for us to exercise on a treadmill! When in the States, I watch the evening news when walking on mine, no pretense of a walk there!
01/19/13
Oh I really enjoyed this story, from the humor of visualizing Jack, to the lackluster enjoyment of a treadmill. Indeed, progress numbers before your eyes can never measure up to the pleasure of being out in nature, breathing in God’s beauty and handiwork as you walk along, wondering what special thing God might lay before your eyes along your journey. Your body may be exercising on a treadmill, but your senses are bored! LOL Unique and creative story for the topic! Great job!
01/22/13
Cute story. I especially loved the dog! Clever and well written.

God bless~
I could totally relate to the MC. I have tried ways to keep exercising in the winter months but there is something special about walking outside hand in hand with God. Sure he is on the treadmill too, but I have a greater sense of him in the great outdoors.
01/25/13
I think we have the exact same walk-ethic. :) Fair-weather walkers only. I enjoyed reading your story and Jack's thoughts made complete sense. He made me smile.