The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 973 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
11/22/12
Very enjoyable read that offers a warm invitation into the world of teenage thinking, but just how old Einstein's relative was, we aunt sure...
Your positive challenge wraps it up very well.
This is a great story. You had me grinning and nodding my head and wanting to shout out I have thoughts just like that too! You did a nice job of writing on topic and it was a fun read.
11/25/12
Your story was a fascinating look into a teenagers mind that woefully resembles my own crammed full to overflowing cranium! Great humorous read-thank you.
Reminds me of some my own angst from time to time. Well done and the bringing up the Book of Revelations was inspired.
11/27/12
This piece was very cute and curious and thought-provoking! :) I liked the inquisitive, "seeking for truth" nature of your MC, and his eccentric Aunt Bertha was also intriguing.

This passage made me laugh: "‘When the trumpet of the Lord shall sound, and time shall be no more.’ The song… aunt Bertha’s song; she warbles one each morning after her creamy porridge and lightly boiled egg.

I was a youngster when I asked the Lord to play his trumpet quietly, so Father Time wouldn’t snuff it. I was a strange kid!"

You managed to deliver a good message in this humorous entry! :) Good job!

11/27/12
Well-done! Thanks.
God bless~