The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1142 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
This is beautiful! You did such a nice job with formatting this. That takes real talent and I'm impressed.
11/26/12
Great skill here in a clear framework that enhances your message rather than impedes its flow. Excellent work.
11/27/12
Interesting form, and wonderful job with this lovely piece. Thanks.
God bless~
Congratulations on EC for this wonderful poem!
11/29/12
CONGRATULATIONS, MARIE, FOR YOUR E.C. WIN FOR THIS WONDERFUL POEM!! :) I've never heard of "Minute Poems" before, but the structure of it challenges me, and I might try my hand at it sometime! The progression of your piece through Jesus' life was interesting and well-done, and I appreciated the closing thought. WAY TO WRITE!!
11/29/12
I forgot to tell you my favorite stanza:

"Creator God, what mystery
That here we see,
Small fingers curled
That made the world."

Amazing thought!
11/29/12
Congratulations! I especially liked the stanza that begins with "Angelic beings held their breath." What beautiful snapshots! And what a challenge to write in this poetic form. Great job!
11/30/12
Clever, lovely and profound. It flowed so effortlessly for me the reader however it must have taken a huge amount of work to create. Thank you for this beautiful poem.
11/30/12
Margaret, I love your creative genius with these minute poems. The phrase "and when the time had fully come" always moves me. This is beautiful work. Super congrats on your Editor's Choice award.
11/30/12
Margaret, this is profound and beautiful and so very well crafted too. It's the first I've heard of 'minute poems.' I'd have a shot but it would never be up to the high standard of yours.

Congratulations on your well deserved placing.
12/03/12
Congratulations Margaret on your EC ranking. It is most well-deserved! I hadn't heard of minute poems before this and I'm keen to try one some time soon. You've used the style so well in this poem.