The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1028 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
This is a splendid piece. You did a wonderful job of building the suspense. First I thought she would never wear the necklace again because they were getting a divorce, then when the husband came in so sweetly I thought perhaps they had to sell it for financial reasons. I should have guessed the ending since my daughter was married almost three weeks ago and I passed on her grandma's pearls to wear. I'll have to show her this story as well. You did a fantastic job of covering the topic while delivering a sweet message.
This is a beautiful story full of reality, God-given wisdom, hard work and love. The oyster has much to teach us! You portrayed this truth wonderfully and your story gives glory to God for His grace and what He amazedly can accomplish within us. Thank you for this.
11/18/12
This is a truly stunning entry. It has everything good about it, from your excellent crafting of it, your unique and thoughtful use of the topic and a clear and worthy message. Simply beautiful! (And I'm sure a winner.)
11/18/12
Awee...this is beautiful. What a tender love story and then to pass it on to their daughter! I love this.

Great job!

God BLess, Lynn
11/19/12
What a beautiful story. I wish all couples could do as these ones did... it is sad to see people break-up over things they can eventually change. Thank you for writing this.

God bless!
11/19/12
A really lovely piece with an timeless message. I appreciates how you used the pearl analogy. Great work.
11/20/12
Well-earthed setting, dialogue and characters, with just enough showing alongside the telling to avoid preaching.
Congratulations for ranking 12th overall!