The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1126 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
This is a great idea for a story. I think you approached the topic in a fun and fresh way.

Some of your sentences could use a bit of tightening as you repeat things. Take this for example: Since it was such a pleasant, sunny day, I added two wash loads of clothes on the clotheslines, and then took a nap while I waited for another load of clothes to finish washing and for the clothes to finish drying outside.
Just by rearranging it a bit you can come up with a tighter sentence like this: The sunny day begged for more clothes, so I hung them out and then put another load in. While I was waiting for them to finish I decided to take a quick nap.
I hope that helps to show what I mean.

I could relate to the MC as I think Heaven will smell like clothes fresh from the line. I also liked the way the husband caught the culprit but felt sad for the kid. It makes me wonder how our apathy can influence kids. Good job.
11/08/12
Some serious hangups here... Good twist at the end, though a trifle 'iron'-ic. Credible dialogue and characters.
11/11/12
Very amusing, yet very telling, LOL...Thanks for sharing this light-hearted entry...