The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1122 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
I loved this story. The beginning part was interesting but once you got to the quicksand story, I could feel my heart rate pick up and I leaned in closer to the computer.

I would love to see a story just on the quicksand part. I think it would be quite thrilling and interesting to hear the chatter as the kids approach the NO GO ZONE. I did enjoy it as it was told in the story but think it would be a phenomenal showing piece.

I could so relate to the MC worrying about her brother and the trouble she would get in once Mom realized what had happened (and everyone was home safe of course) I also could appreciate Mom maybe spouting off a bit about losing brand new boots. This story showed me that from your description of running home for help that you still have the heart of a child but the sending to room and being angry about boots showed the mind of an adult (and most likely a parent) This was a treat to read.
11/08/12
I really enjoyed your story and the way the park brought back memories to the MC, especially the quicksand memory. Thanks.
11/08/12
Great nostalgic detail wrapped into this story. Congratulations on your 2nd placing.
Congratulations for ranking 2nd in level three and 18 overall!