The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1249 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
I delighted in this hysterical story. You had me scratching my head and smiling. It reminded me of dinner with one of my friends when I was 10 or 11. Every so often, they would have a Dessert Dinner. I happened to be there for strawberry shortcake night. I have to admit as a treat, it was pretty cool.

One of my faults is I rarely read the titles before the story. I just click on the next story button and often don't notice the title until the end. In this case, I'm glad I didn't read it because it would have given away the ending. I don't get surprised by twists often and was delighted when you did just that.

You covered the topic in such a fun and fresh way. Your characters are a hoot and the entire story was a delightful read.
I think I'll go eat a salad now! Reminds me of the scene in the movie Elf when he said, "We elves try to stick to the four main food groups: candy, candy canes, candy corns and syrup." Funny story.
09/09/12
Interesting! I wondered what the catch would be. It kept me reading all the way through.
What...no Tootsie Rolls? Man, I'd have been out of there like a shot with no Tootsie Rolls or Junior Caramels.

Seriously though, this story was an excellent way of showing the importance of personal Bible study. Well done; I hope it does well.
09/10/12
This is really cute--interesting all the way through, and with a surprise ending. Good writing!
09/11/12
An enjoyable read out of the usual filled full with a great sense of humor! I particularly like the part about "Blessed junk food is still junk food." Yes, even if we thank God for the food, it does not mean we do well eating unhealthy food. That's why we need to show ourselves approved unto God in rightly dividing the word of truth, and not simply following blindly whatever is laid before us. A nicely written piece with LOL.
Congratulations for ranking 6th in level 3 and 11 overall!