The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1135 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
08/31/12
What a wonderful poem that fittingly describes the affect our words have on each other. This was a joy to read--rhythm and rhyme rank an A+. Love the happy ending.
08/31/12
Flowed so smoothly, the words were lovely, and the meaning beautiful.
thanks. God bless~
09/02/12
Aw ... Beautiful. Loved it!
09/04/12
You poets never fail to blow my mind. How do you do that, draw me in so close, and make me simultaneously smile and cry?

Lovely.
This brought tears to my eyes. I feel like I could have written this myself, except the rhythm would be a tad off and my rhymes a bit forced. I have a feeling many can relate, either personally or from knowing someone like her. There have been quite a few stories this week about words being sweet and though I don't know if it will be considered directly on topic. However for me, words do leave a definite taste in one's mouth and your poem is so filled with hope. No matter how high it ranks with the judges, I have no doubt that the Holy Spirit will score it quite high as Jesus uses your words to reach out and comfort so many.
Congratulations for ranking 19th overall!