The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 719 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
08/09/12
Delightful, charming, & reflective read. Nice dialogue and interaction with mother and child. Good conclusion, and overall very well written. Thanks.

God Bless~
08/13/12
I'm a sap for stories about single moms. Loved the interaction between the mom and son, and especially her concerns for his spiritual life. Now cold biscuits just don't sound appetizing but that's just me. :) God bless!
Your characters are SO real. What a delightful mother-son relationship shows through. Nice job!
08/15/12
Loved the imagery of this line:
The constant, subtle, day-in, day-out dripping from the River that never runs dry had worn smooth the rocks in his heart
I thoroughly enjoyed this story from start to finish. Your characters were easy to relate to, and your message was powerful.
This brought tears to my eyes. As a parent, it's so easy to worry if we are doing the right things or if our mistakes will leave a lasting scar on our precious babies who all too soon grow from babies to college freshmen. I can look at all three of my kid's and know that they are okay, better than okay. It shows how much God looks after us and worries about our choices. This is right on topic and has a lovely message.