The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1250 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
01/27/12
Wow - this was powerful. I really liked it, and the ending was perfect!
God Bless~
01/28/12
Wow - that was something like the movie Coal Miner's Daughter about Loretta Lynn! Great read, kept my interest start to finish! God bless!
01/28/12
Good job of packing a "lifespan" story into such a short word count! A great illustration about how important it is to forgive and mend relationships before our time is gone. Good job.
01/28/12
This was so well done and the story held my interest from beginning to end. A wonderful piece. Blessings!
01/29/12
Very powerful story. I'm glad that it worked out for the couple, but sad that it cost the relationship with the parents. Well done.
Wonderfully told - you are a storyteller through and through!
Great job. Kept my attention the whole time. Loved the way they just decided to marry just like that. Loved the ending too.
02/02/12
Enjoyed your story. Parents don't realize how their actions can impact children long into adulthood. Your story illustrates this so well. I could feel the sting of tears and waves of remorse yet the loving wisdom of the child speaks volumes. Great writing.
02/02/12
CONGRATULATIONS! Well done!
02/02/12
Awesome job! Congrats on the 1st place finish.
02/02/12
Dear Theresa,

Congratulations on your first place ribbon. It was well deserved...Great entry.

God bless you~
02/02/12
Congratulations Theresa. A well written entry and perfect for the topic. Well done.
Oh, this is good! I know a family that has broken all apart, and the son and daughter that are estranged absolutely will not reconcile. What a heartbreak, their Dad now with the Lord, and their Mom just turned 92, sad, hurt and lonely.
So, I loved your story, and I loved the way it ended. Well written, too.

Thank you so much!