The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1019 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
07/21/11
What a sad tale, but so painfully true. Children are the losers in divorce, even adult children. I speak from experience! Thanks for sharing. God bless!
07/22/11
Very good. I think you did an excellent job of conveying the thoughts of this child and many others who might not be able to articulate their feelings as well. Keep writing!
07/24/11
This is beautifully written, in the voice of a young child, and I found it very moving. It is typical of a child to jump as you have done, from wanting Mummy and Daddy to be together and happy, to wanting a puppy.
Lovely!
07/24/11
You are looking at the world with Spiritual eyes. This is a powerful story. The gift of love and understanding is a spiritual gift - and is a form of prophetic counselling... i I may use these powerful tools. We don't need looking glasses and "tell- me-the-future" sessions in church. We don't need "what is God saying to me now?"- hype. We just need prayerful and watchful eyes and truly Spiritual responses. Thank you for your story. Escaping sin's vicious circle it the only way out. What a tragedy that even we Christians (me too!) often forget that the "Exit" is always only through Jesus. Christ is the only one who can keep a family together in a wholesome, truthful and healthy way.
07/25/11
This is powerful in showing how children are torn by divorce, torn between parents, their lifestyle torn apart. Unique take on the topic showing pre-divorce life being paradise to the child and post-divorce being “this side of paradise” the child hated, longing to have back the paradise that was lost. This is very well done!
07/25/11
Certainly filled with pathos.

Intriguing take on what we might consider to be "paradise".
07/26/11
An interesting take on the topic, you made me go back for a second look! You reminded me of something I've pondered over the years: as Christians we have already passed from death to life (seated with Christ in heavenly places); then why would we want to be "resuscitated" - in effect calling us from life back into death? Like this child, having experienced his idea of Paradise, he has lost it, and certainly doesn't like "THIS side of Paradise."
07/27/11
Your last line wrapped it up so wistfully. A beautiful, touching approach.
07/27/11
You did an awesome job capturing this child's voice! But wow! So very sad.
07/28/11
So sad, and such a horrible reminder of the children that are hurt daily by divorce. Extremely well-written and realistic voice for the child. Great job!
nyc.long.and straight to the point.u r wat de lord made you to be