The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1285 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
This is so touching on many levels. You did a great job with this.
Very touching. God bless you.
05/16/11
Very vividly descriptive with an uplifting twist as you closed it off. Well done.
05/19/11
Very well written. It pulled at my heart, and brought an ache to my chest. I loved Poppy's desire to "go" if he was no longer useful. Lovely ending. God bless!
Congratulations on your well deserved first-place and EC wins.
The ending raised the hair on my head! I love this - congrats on your EC!!
05/19/11
Wow. Powerful. Beautiful. Congratulations.
05/19/11
Alzheimer's is such perfect grist for the writer's mill. Don't think I've ever read something written from the sufferer's POV. Good choice. It will touch the hearts of those who have loved and lost someone to this disease, as it did mine.
05/20/11
Congratulations on your win. Excellent work.
05/20/11
I wish I could express what this piece has given me. God surely was with you in writing this. I've had two generations of women pass on with Alzheimer's and a third now on the journey. I can't wonder if my time is coming. Your story gives me peace in the knowledge that no matter what, God is with us till the end, and He uses us for His good purpose.
05/20/11
Oh, and Congratulations! Good job. God Bless.
05/20/11
Joe, this was awesome, just beautiful! Congratulations!
05/20/11
I liked this very much. Older people are experiencing this so much these days, such a difficult situation.
05/21/11
Beautiful and touching story. Thank for the reminder that God is always in control of our life and brings beauty out of ashes.

Congratulations on your EC award.
05/21/11
Congratulations on a well deserved win! I was glued to this story beginning to end. And I have to confess of asking God many times why he allows those with dementia or Alzheimer’s to linger, allowing both them and their families to suffer. This story a good reminder that God has His reasons. Great Job!
05/23/11
Wow! I am in awe of this piece. Incredible. The POV has given me insights that I never ever thought of. Going through the mild stages of dementia with my mom right now. So sad to watch...you captured it so well. Congratulations on your 1st place and EC.