The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1482 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
04/21/11
Loved everything about this! Topnotch! Beautifully written!
Wonderfully written-this captured my heart. I wish your story would be made into a movie. I can see the characters vividly in my mind and I loved your descriptions and dialogue-right on!Well done!
Engaging story. So sad how many find it difficult to accept a gift from the Lord. Loved that you had the church lady put something to feed the little boys’ souls in the basket.
(Tiny bit of “red ink”: Two different spellings for the little brother’s name.)
First, I'm glad you've written in this genre with the southern slant and dialect in the story. You are so good at it!! Next, the story itself is so well told, I was engaged the entire time while reading. It was so believable, I could see everything taking place before the eyes in my heart and mind.
04/26/11
Very special. So much to read in between the lines, so believable, so haunting and a little deja vu of long ago days from my childhood.
This one is a winner, takes the ribbon.

mona
04/27/11
A lovely story - I wish daddy had let them have a feast or better still that they had still got their muummy. Oh, I am getting involved!
04/27/11
Great writing - loved the dialogue, very natural. Awesome story.
04/28/11
Tenderly told. Hoping we see the boys again...flourishing with their little hands UP! :) A winner!
Congratulations in placing 10th in level 4 and 18th overall.