The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 990 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
Beautiful poem!
03/18/11
Your poet's soul touched me deeply with this haunting and poignant message to your loved one. Your opening lines "If I never bleed another poem -- Or dip my quill deep into my vein…" demonstrate (once again) your mastery! I'm in awe!

Beautiful poem. I love your phrasings – the change from vein to soul was inspired. I also appreciate the imagery of writing; it really doesn’t just happen like some kind of fortunate magic. The rhythms worked very well, almost like a song. Good job!
The opening lines were some of the best I've read in poetry. Beautiful work.
03/19/11
What a romantically stirring poem--absolutely wonderfully penned. I was going to pick a favorite verse, but it turns out each one is my favorite. Great work!
I felt like you were talking just to me and I felt so special and had tears in my eyes. Thank you,
Oh yes! I love this--poetry the way it's supposed to be.
You write it wonderfully!
03/20/11
So real and intimate I found myself holding my breath. Thank you, Henry, for being one of the first poets who consistently draws me into your work. You have a rare gift.
03/20/11
Your poetry transends time and seems to be rooted in another day and age when each word carried so much meaning.
Another very special piece that I enjoyed immensely.
I don't know how you do it! But if I knew that secret, I could do it too--but I'm certain I would never do it this well, even so....
Awe-inspiring, totally moving, with a precious personal message for everyone who is fortunate enough to read it. Thank you.
03/24/11
Wow! So lovely and subtly romantic ... okay, very, most truly romantic! It shows the essence of true love which lasts forever.

I also admired the ingenious way you described poetry "flowing from your veins." I think that all writers can identify with this. The way our writings become a part of us, part of our lifesblood, because they bubble up from our soul.

Brilliantly done, as usual!
03/24/11
Ouch!! I felt it!!
I am so glad I read this incredibly beautiful and searing poem/tribute.
Thank you for sharing, Henry.
Congratulations for placing 9th in your level and 15th overall!