The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1277 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
02/18/11
A terrific expression of a little girl's love for books. A joy to read.
I think your MC went to the same library as I did as a child. The lions, creaky door, and cranky librarian brought up great memories. Fun story!
02/19/11
This was story telling at its best. Seriously. You had everything...a great voice and personality for your mc, strong imagery, and a little intrigue at the end which she got away with. Well done.
What a brave little girl! I half-expected the librarian to say, “I’ll get you my pretty & your little dog too!” Very entertaining story.
I enjoyed this very much. I always enjoyed the library. Love the smell of books. Great job.
The first half built your MC's personality, and the second half put her into action. I like that the librarian was scary--it shows her inner strength, and what she will brave to get her weekly book fix. The ending is too cute cute! (And it emphasizes her strength.) Very nice!
02/20/11
Such a fun little story. So many of us readers can relate to Little Wendy and what she would go through to read her precious books. Love this one!
02/21/11
A wonderful read. I like the title and your MC's characterization. Good job.
02/21/11
Excellent story telling. Well done.
02/21/11
Sigh. I have a lot of wonderful memories of the library myself. Great story!
You managed to capture my love for the library. You could have been writing about me- wanting to read every book on the shelf. Great story.
02/23/11
Really sweet! I love the attention to the lions, such a typical little girl thing to do.
02/24/11
Congratulations on your win!
Congratulations on your EC!! :)
Congratulations on your win.
02/24/11
I loved this story! Congrats on the EC!
Well done!!!!!!!!!!!! Very glad to see your entry with an EC. I liked it the first time I read it. You have much talent.
I so remember the joy of reading and the library as a child. You caught the true innocence of it all right here. Wonderful and thanks for the walk down memory lane. Congratulations, Kathyran
02/26/11
Excellent word choices.
Very well done!

Congrats on EC! :)