The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1001 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
Outstanding! Thank you for sharing this beautiful, well written tribute.
What a touching peek into such bittersweet time. There are so many people right this second second somewhere in a hospital going through a similar situation. You reminded me to pray for a 16 yo boy in our community who was just diagnosed with leukemia. Beautiful story, good idea to put it in a diary format.
02/08/11
Such beautiful writing. You really captured the heart of this husband and the struggle many face when asking the question, "Why?" It's not a shaking fist question, but one of I need understanding; but I still trust You.

Well done.
02/08/11
Very touching story. Nice job.
02/09/11
What a moving tribute. Well done!
This is so touching and beautifully written. Your first paragraph particularly struck me with its strong truth - I think many of us have '24 hour periods' in our lives that we will never forget. Thank you for this lovely story.
02/09/11
I'm usually not a fan of "journaling" stories but this most definitely is an exception. This well-written story really tore at my heart and I was riveted all the way to the end which, of course, was just the beginning for Joy.
This is really good, Amanda! I don't generally like journal style stories, but you did a great job of making this both beautiful and emotional.
Congratulations for placing 8th in level three and 24th overall! It's nice to see you back in the challenge!
I really liked your opening paragraph. And, as the story unfolded it seemed to have been written by someone who truly journals their life. It is an awesome practice, showing a slice of our life to not only ourselves but to other who might read it after we're gone.
Nice job with the emotions, too!
Wow! What a great story. You did a good job fitting all those hard emotions in 750 words. Joy and Layne became real as you wrote about them, and I'm glad they had the hope of redemption. Great job!