The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 866 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
Lovely poem, and nice rhythm. The fact that some stanzas rhymed and some didn't threw me off a bit, but perhaps it's a style I'm not familiar with.
I like this. The rhythm a tiny bit out in a couple of spots, but the story behind the poem is wonderful. I could see it happening as I read...the orchestra, the princely bow, your head on his shoulder, the kiss in the moonlight... okay, so you didn't exactly say that, but I'm a romantic lol.
01/30/11
Such lovely imagery and the visual layout of the poem matches beautifully. I enjoyed it very much...guess I'm a romantic too!
Very sweet. I liked the theme of dance in looking at their love and lives together. I enjoyed reading this...thanks for sharing it!
I enjoyed the progression of your poem. I especially liked this line:

You showed me how to define our dance
With true love; the order of each day
We progressed to classical ballet.


Good job.

01/31/11
Beautiful imagery with a romantic mood, and an endearing message.
01/31/11
Cheryl picked out my favorite lines as well. Lovely.

Definitely romantic! :)
You had me sitting in that chair with my heart skipping a beat! Love your romantic heart and imagery of the dancing years.
Cheers for the out-of-the-box story and format! Very enjoyable story, although as with others, I found it a bit difficult when the rhythm caused me to stumble a bit. But then, I'm not very sophisticated with poetic styles, and I appreciate this chance to enlarge my experiences and interests.
02/01/11
Beautiful imagery and romantic interludes! Lovely. (:
02/01/11
Lovely romance. Sweet and nostalgic, a perfect balance.
02/01/11
This is very romantic. I really like your little DaNCe between your stanzas. Very creative piece.
I've tears in my eyes. This is a beautiful romance. It reminds me of the song, "May I have this dance for the Rest of my Life."