The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1599 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
01/31/05
OK. I don't cry often when reading challenge entries but this one choked me up. Probably because I can see myself in it. I wonder how many times I've spoken words in anger that I'll soon forget but my kids will remember forever. Kinda scary.
Well-written with a message that hugs the heart. Thanks for posting.
Blessings, Lynda
Great story...great job. God bless you.
01/31/05
I agree with Lynda - I have a silent middle child too, and so often I have said things that I have later regretted.

If we still had the ability to vote as reader's this would get mine!
02/01/05
A tear jerker for sure and very convicting. You unfolded the story very nicely leaving the reader hungry for the next line. Very well done.
02/03/05
It would get my vote too! I wish I could take all my 20/20 hindsight and go back and do it right! I suspect we all have a Ferdinand story somewhere in child-rearing. This is a very well written piece.
02/04/05
WOW! What a moving story. I could picture everything happening so vividly. It really triggered a lot of emotions. You have a great talent. Hope your story makes it to the winner's circle and publication! Blessings!
02/07/05
Lois, you move up to Advanced and show by your 3rd Place win in the Level 3 Challenge Champion Awards that you are definitely in the right place. Congratulations on that, as well as your 7th place with in the Editors' Choice. You deserve it. With love, Deb (Challenge Co-ordinator)
Wow! Lois, you brought tears to my eyes. How easy it is not to really listen, to jump to conclusions, to be angry. Like an arrow to my heart. I loved it. Congratulations on another well deserved win.
02/07/05
Great work Lois. I loved it.
02/07/05
Thank you for writing this story. What a great encouragement for so many of us. The verse you quoted hit a home-run!
Love, Crista
02/08/05
You never cease to amaze me with your stories! Congrats on three in a row!