The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 899 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
This is a sweet story. My oldest sibling died long before I was born and I remembered my mom telling me she thought about him every single day. I never understood this until the day I held my daughter. The lovely love letters the mom wrote to her baby reminded me of my mom and how she mourned and loved her first baby. Nicely done.
10/31/10
Such a sweet and sad story. I wonder why mother never told the others?

Well done!
This story is so well told I was sneezing at the dust in the attic. I felt the ending kinda fizzled, but the descriptions and the pacing were excellent, and I enjoyed it very much.
10/31/10
This is a great story. The beginning seemed a little slow, and the ending rushed, so I would recommend looking at those two areas for some word swapping. Your descriptions were excellent.
Touching story. Talking to, writing letters to a baby that has passed away is very realistic. Good job.
Sweet story. I, too, wondered why a mother who would write yearly letters to the child wouldn't have talked about him to the brother, but otherwise enjoyed this.
I love the gentle pace and touching warmth of this. You had me in the attic with you, imagining how you were feeling with each discovery and more importantly, I could feel your mother's heart of burden in loosing that baby. Great description all around and for me, your ending felt real. I liked how many different places each reader could go with it using their own imagination. Sometimes precious moments don't have a big bang ending. :) Also, I could understand the mother not sharing that heartache for whatever reasons.:) :)
11/01/10
Attics are such special places and storehouses of peoples' lives. Thanks for sharing a very sweet episode of Steve's family history.
11/02/10
Very tenderly written; I enjoyed this.