The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1953 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
You chose the perfect scripture. The body of the devotion clearly stated your message without being preachy. The prayer was heartfelt and one I really needed to pray right now. Great job!
10/21/10
A beautiful devotional. Great job!
10/21/10
I also wanted to write about a conversation Jesus had with someone in the Bible but it just didn't work out well on paper. You've done a superb job of expressing the importance of personal contact and caring in reaching out to others. You did what I wasn't able to do. Well done.
10/25/10
Good devotional with a message for us all. Face to face exchanges just tend to be much more searching, and I can only imagine the eye contact in this particular conversation with Jesus. It could have made Peter crawl away like a worm, but instead, made him a devoted lifetime follower and leader.
10/26/10
Well done! You have a good mix of Scripture, examples from life, and lessons for your readers.
This is one of my favorite stories from Scripture. I love how Jesus called Peter back to him even after he did such a despicable thing as rejecting him. I think you covered the topic very well with this message.

One little note: I think the (John 21:15-17 NIV) reference should come after the quoted verses instead of before it. At least, that's how I'm supposed to do it on all my school papers.

Blessings! :)
10/27/10
I'm always blessed and challenged when reading your devotions. This one is no exception! Very nice work!
Well written and powerful. Volumes could be written about these two characters. Shalom :)